27 August 2006

Beer Tasting

Ah what to do when a really cool lookin' recipe calls for beer? Well, I suppose you gotta taste the beer you end up using for the dish! And that's just what I took the liberty of doing. We ended up with a Danish beer called Harboe Beer GULDØL. In honor of Ted, David, Charles, Heidi, and EJ, I gave this little beer a taste.

I must say, it was tasty when we first opened it to use in the marinade, even at room temp. The aroma reminded me of nutmeg. Kinda sweet. But when I had some later, after shopping and then cooled down, it well, tasted like beer, and just whatever beer. But I really have to say, that initially, I did enjoy the flavors of the first popped open beer. (Wow huh??) This little beer has 5.7% alcohol and it's a nice yellow beer, not too light, as I understand lite and pal
e ales would be.

So, yeah, I can hardly believe it myself. I tasted some beer. Anyhoo, moreabout our beer marinated entree tomorrow It's gonna be good!

No comments:

Post a Comment