17 October 2006

Chilly Weather's Arrived

Weather: Chilly! Mornings are about 8C or 47F and by tomorrow, that'll just be the high in the afternoon. With the winds and overcast, it honestly feels much colder.

I officially have my first head cold here. I'm battling it well I think. Loads of drinkable Vitamin C, tea and soup, and sleep. Took a nap yesterday, translated a Swedish article for class and then just sorta slept not too long after that! Ah, the wonders that sleep can do. I'm just hanging in a dreamy state this morning, but at least the symptoms of pressure in my sinuses is way down.

So, yeah, I translated this article from a study done in France about people whom are more overweight actually lose more memory brain cells. They're calling it the Homer Simpson-effect. Evidently from the 2,223 people they studied over 5 years, the more overweight folks couldn't remember as much! 20 Body Mass Index folks could remember 9 of 16 words, but those at 30 could only remember 7 of 16. They say that the arteries in the brain get fattened and that reduces quickness. They even say that in the USA, it's already a dubbed name of the Homer Simpson effect. Can anybody vouch for that? I'm not sure that I can, but oh well. I don't really have to.

Whoop, it's that time; gotta head out for class.
Catch ya soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment