23 January 2007

Winter? Wuz that?

Mood: Thrilled
Music: My favorites list in iTunes
Weather: Cold, crisp and well, white!

I cannot believe that winter has arrived. I understand it may very well end before the week is up. That will be a tragedy; however, in the mean time, we must enjoy the beauty that we have, right? Funny how that can be applied to so very many things. Well, I couldn't help myself and just went out and took lots of pics and here's a few of the very lovely day (yesterday) that began a nice big smile of childhood giddiness on my face. Where's that cute little Cadence? I need a snow-angel buddy!

This was truly my first biking experience in a winter situation. I must say, it went really well. Going to class was fine, but then, while there for the 3 hours, it must have snowed at least an inch. So, it was a slushy fun cold mess on the way home! Not too cool if you were in a car though. Today was just icy and a little more difficult to ride on, but very manageable. I mean, they salt and put down a TON of gravel mix out on all the bike paths, so, by the end of today, they're all real passable. Here left is a photo of the biking pathway that's just outside our place.

I also promised Mom that I'd post a pic of our fantastic lasagne creation made of a totally delicious and savory and tasty meat sauce (custom made by us/Doug) and a delightfully light creamy spinach layer with a swedish cheese and then mozzarella and Parmesan on top too. Oh yum! I'm just sorry it's already gone! Eat your hearts out!

No comments:

Post a Comment