12 November 2007

Too cold, too soon.

Don't you just hate when it gets a little too cold, too fast?I took these pics only last week and well, now, it's hovering only around 0 C (32 F). Plus, most of the leaves have left their trees leaving them in their naked winter splendor.

Seriously, brrrrr.

Well, on the plus side, we actually had snow flurries just 2 days ago. It was lovely and crisp! Doug and I joined (Uncle) Nils with Dad and Gabbi for a walk and lunch. It was for Nils' birthday. What a treat. It was fun, to hang out and just wander about and talk and stuff... and then eat a tasty meal. Good times, good times.

I figured I'd post that pic of my friend, Rebecca. We do a lot together these days. We have craft days once a week where we create and work on all sorts of crafts together or just in company of one another. We study our classes together, and now, we work together. I thought she'd enjoy some of the aspects of working with Caffe Italiano, and well, it proved to a well beginning! Who knows where this chapter may lead next! This is her first job, but her head's in the right place to have any job, just wish many companies would realize that.

Anywho, I'm out, wanna keep knitting some projects!

2 comments:

  1. Sat, Dec 01, 2007, we've got a nice couple of inches of snow today. The temperature is a balmy 27 degrees F. Lovely winter weather. My apartment is less than energy efficient, so, mostly out of guilt, concern for the environment, and lack of money, my thermostat is set to 63 degrees F. Chilly, but not so bad when you wear an extra layer of clothing and a winter hat. It is important to accept reality as it is, and continue forth in Suchness. My retreat is going well. It is often challenging, requires honest full effort, and takes much time each day, though compassionate self-discipline and conscious awareness are well worth it. I am noticing both of these aspects growing within my life, so I am grateful.

    See you soon, Lauren.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, your images aren't displaying properly. Check the linked source code, you may be able to figure out what to do from there. Ask Doug to help if you're not sure. I'm sure he'll be able to figure it out.
    Chills & Cheers!
    he he he

    ReplyDelete