20 February 2008

works in progress

Here's some pictures of what on the needles, or just off of them.

Here's the bag awaiting felting. Purple on top, which, after felting, I'll slice handle holes into the fabric, and navy on the bottom.


Here's the little cute scarflet that I'm beginning. Awesome little cables already!! I can't wait to wear this one! and even try other designs into other cute little scarflets.




Here's the bead in socks I was talking about. A picture of the pattern and a closeup of the beading before I enter the heal work.



And lastly the bright yarns of merino wool to make my and Becki's gloves from. Question to the viewers though... do you like the dimmer picture or the flashed picture better? I'm trying to determine which is best to continue putting on the web. I like the dim, but the brighter one shows the colors only a little better? Just don't know, really. Maybe Sarah has suggestions?


And last pics yet, are some photos I finally took from what I think may be the graffiti knitters' work! More about them later...

2 comments:

  1. Hey, Lore--

    I've gotten so behind on people's blog, and it looks like you've been busy! That's cool you saw some knitted graffiti! My friend Krystyn posted about this with a photo I took of the one in Lincoln Square on her HopeRevo.com blog: http://www.hoperevo.com/blog/2008/3/6/knitted-graffiti.html. There's a link there to a website of these graffiti knitters.

    Your stuff looks amazing! I wish I were better with knitting needles. Oh well. As for the photos, I would try to take your photos in good natural light so that you don't need flash, or try to up the exposure and contrast on the computer (I post-edit every one of my photos). It's really up to you, though.

    Can't wait to see more of your handiwork!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the photo editing tips sarah-ji! I've been busy, only because I deem myself in "school". Learning how to knit as much as possible.

    I do hope to sell one day, any day. I would already love to take orders if folks are interested things I have knitted or can knit up special for them!

    But soon, I'll be working a whole lot more and I won't really have that much time at all to knit and learn more techniques, particularly beginning in May and June all the way through all of August. Going to a different city in Sweden every week again!

    But if I can knit a lot, then I'm really excited. I even hope to get another knitting blog started before summer, but we'll see!

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete