28 March 2008

"Bubby"

I've finished a really cute bear named Bubby. He's been knitted out of a cotton/acrylic blend and is a really fun red and white blend of colors. I wondered if I could pull it off and I did! He's really quite cute and I'm giving him to our nephew, Shepherd. He turned one on Easter, but we're going to a dessert party tomorrow, Saturday. Very nice.

We see "Bubby" laying and enjoying completion and then a closeup of his little face and bow/scarf. He's a happy-go-lucky interested sort of character. He's seen with Teddy next and well, diving for a toasted almond muffin I baked. Adventurous little guy. I hope Shep likes him!

So, along with this mini photo shoot of the more than full of life little bear, I've got some cute photos of snowy daffodils I took just 2 days ago with some light fresh snowfall... which is already melted and gone. :(

I really enjoyed these though. Great bright lovely spring yellow flowers engulfed in the fluffy white snow. Quite pretty really!

And for those interested, here's a shot of my latest colors in the hairdo. Lots of pinks and purples now. Really only one side of my head, the left side, has good bits of blue left. I'm certain that's because the hairdresser began on the left side, so there's more time for the dye to set in there!

I do miss the rich blue, and am beginning to ponder what I can do with the hair once the color has really really faded. I'm pondering red at the end of the summer. I can get it freshened up and/or cut in October, when I plan to travel to the States again. Lots to ponder about.

A recap on knitting though...
I've done "Bubby" last week and I've just finished my beaded blue socks too, today. Pictures to come later though. I have a light blue t-shirt on the needles and a pair of gold Mary Jane slippers, from Purl Bee's website, on the needles too. (That's it, heh heh) Thanks to Sarah-Ji for finding those for me! We'll see how they cruise. So far, so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment