02 April 2013

Flying Dutchmans

Round 2, I finished the Flying Dutchman pair with Lena's feet in mind. I do think they will be lovely and comfy, where ever their sailing adventures take them!

Also, I've finished up my mystery Step into Spring socks. I plan to finish the unusual construction Sock Strap, probably today!

Flying Dutchman had some fantastic intarsia in the round technique and a lovely lacey waves motif. Very cool design.
The spring pair have stranded knitting a new heel for me, the Sweet Tomato Heel, but I don't think this one fits very well. The Fleegle heel, first tried by the Sockdolager pair would be so much bettter here. Oh well. I think I can wiggle them enough to wear anyways. But they do poof under foot.

Check back soon for the unusual construction and Round 3! I think round 2 will finish out real soon as we await some last finishers. Then, we'll get specs for round 3! Also, fyi, the tem I'm on, Yarnslayers, finished out our 33 first! Out of 7 groups! Holy smokes Batman!




No comments:

Post a Comment