10 April 2013

Round 3, Completed.

Only a few hours over 2 days! I wanted under 48 hours... Snap! Almost. Soon maybe.
These were challenging and required some fierce focus, but I had no major problems as other knitters have gotten really confused along the way.

I think I'm about number 5 of the 26 that move on in my team. The fastest team has 13 done already! Woosh!

Greenhouse Socks by Swedish designer, Anita Grahn
I knitted them in Dream in Clor Smooshy and am quite glad these are shorter socks, so I can knit with the same yarn some more! I have quite a bit left over! I'm planning for something in 2 colors...
Features: fairly classic top-down construction, until just after the heel, gusset shaping ended up on the sole but kept the sleek ribbing, very unique sole shaping, and then that got added to the top of the foot after the last diamond, and a very unique bind off using a slip stitch decrease style creating a most interesting border around the toes.

Time for a FEW pics since they're so difficult to capture.








No comments:

Post a Comment