21 May 2006

Mmmm, Chocolate...

Mood: Fatigued yet Content
Music: African Rhythm Travellers - Khululuma

This chocolate bar was an amazing delight.. We each had a different martini to get the meal rolling. I- an orange and chocolate martini; Lena- white chocolate with strawberry martini; Becki- a chocolate almond martini; David- an espresso martini. My goodness were those strong, potent, you name it. 0_O (YES HEIDI! It's true!)

The chocolate delicacies were amazing, I don't know where to begin to describe them... but before I do, let me say where it was. We were in the lobby (7th floor) of the new and beautiful Pennisula Hotel downtown Chicago. Most items were only a couple of bites, some more. There were a few different bite-sized cheesecake items and I loved this sorta standard one with a bit of whipped cream, a gorgeous curl of really dark chocolate and a perfect blueberry on top. YUM! and this berry goo topped with a chocolate mousse and whipped cream and some crunchy chocolate dots. Oh my. and then the little macaroon type treat; and this intense and wonderful packed dried fruit bar with a bit of dipped chocolate on them.... OH! and the dipped strawberries were perfect! They had a few biscottis and a couple of their own homemade marshmallows (plain and strawberry) to enjoy with the thick, rich, and sensational drinking chocolates (white or "as regular as you can get"). There were a few cookies, a tangy orange and coconut topped tapioca, a truffle, a supurb mocha - I don't know what to call it - almost pudding, but stiffer than that - wonderful.... I had Nika in mind for that dark chocolate coffee delight! You would have loved that one! I sure did.

Yeah, to wrap up my wonderful evening, there was some live jazz. Oh man, was I a happy lady lasat night. We then wandered a little about the 'mag mile' and found our parking spot. So sweet! Lena and I enjoyed our drive home reveling in all of the evening. I highly recommend it, with martinis it got about $40/person; without those and it was closer to $30. What a truly exquisite time out.

Well, tonight I'm on for another fun-filled night with my family. Ted's throwing a birthday party for his lady, Sarah, Jay and I. (Isn't he sweet??!) I'm not sure, but I think he's prepared another home brew to try, very nice. He is such a thoughtful brother. Thanks Ted! More about that later, I have things to do! Ta ta.

No comments:

Post a Comment