05 June 2006

Cheery greetings

Yesterday's word of the day: blått = blue
Word of the day: regn = rain
and... blött = wet

Hey y'all! Charles, this one's for you. You requested a photo of me in front of something... well, this is real close to the apt, and it's near our close by market. This statue dude dude looked cool enough to take a picture of... with me! We're not sure exactly what this guy is or stands for, but we just figured he was some kind of shoesmith. This was the same day I landed, however, I've still been getting aquainted to uploading photos... so, up to better horizons there too!

Speaking of, Doug and I went for some awesome long walks about Lund yesterday and we took this one to show you of the beautiful park just a bit away from our apt. I love forests for their immense size and greenery and intense age.

This park is called St. Lars, yep girls, that's right. I had myself quite a giggle when I heard that one! ^_^

Tomorrow, not a whole lot will be open, similar to our Independence day, this one is just a sort of Sweden day...
so, we'll see where we can roam tomorrow. Hopefully then, on wednesday, we'll start to look into getting me a bike! Weee!

Toodles, from accross the pond. -L

5 comments:

  1. lemme just say, i adore the phrase 'across the pond'...glad you're enjoying your first week in sweden. explore every nook and cranny you can! and as long as you're taking photo requests, i'd like one of you AND doug with some of the other locals in the background.

    p.s. despite ted's comment, please be assured that he has abolutely NO NEED FOR MORE BEER, swedish or otherwise. he's got enough here to stock a semester of frat parties.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yer talkin about frat parties here! Geeze, I'd at least need a couple cases of Swedish Lager! But ya know, she's probably right. Considering the fact that I'm brewing a fresh 5 gallon batch of an IPA on the 25th, and another 1 gallon experimental (maybe a blueberry ale) batch with the cultivated yeast from the IPA.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't worry Sarah, more locals shots are just due in time. We took a couple more pics with different parks on this drizzly day today. Really beautiful too. I wish Millenium Park mimiced some of these wonderful spots.
    Ah, beer. As I'm learning, Swedes tend to really dig Danish beers, better quality or something. So, I'll have to continue a bit of research over time to find a couple that will be worth bringing back to my beer loving peeps.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous8:11 PM

    Lore,
    I love the pic's you've taken thus far of Sweden. The scenerey is beautiful. How are you and Doug doing? Miss you a bunch and I'll talk to you later. Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous4:48 PM

    Hola Chica!
    I'm happy that your transition has been a positive one. The pics look great and it's awesome to be able to be a part of your journey.
    I miss you lots! Tell Lars I said what up!

    ReplyDelete